Our Young Adult Scripture Study Week program, which includes a week-long pilgrimage to the Holy Land, is designed for young adults in their 20s to fall in love with Scripture by immersing themselves in study of the Sacred Scriptures, pilgrimage to Sacred Biblical sites, and shared theological reflection with a small faith community.
Only 25 spaces are available. Open to Young Adults who currently live or attend school in the Diocese of Bridgeport.
Please have your passport handy, as we will ask for your passport number and exp. date.
You may also want to prepare your essay first. See below.
Program: The program will consist of four parts: application, pre-pilgrimage preparation, pilgrimage to Holy Land, post-pilgrimage reflection.
• Application — Anyone in their twenties is invited to apply by writing an essay of no more than 500 words outlining a) a brief introduction, b) overview of current involvement in campus or parish life, c) specific Scriptural interests, and d) how this immersion experience will foster a desire to answer the call of Pope Francis to be a missionary disciple in the world.
• Pre-Pilgrimage Preparation — Applicants must be committed to meeting in person and online for up to four sessions for an introduction to Scripture and an introduction to Theological Reflection.
• Pilgrimage to the Holy Land — Travel to Jerusalem with other participants from January 5-13, 2018. Each day will begin with prayer and scripture study with the professors at the Ecole Biblique in Jerusalem, followed by pilgrimages to the sacred sites. Each day will end with prayer and theological reflection.
• Post-Pilgrimage Reflection — Upon returning from the pilgrimage, the group will continue to meet, pray, and study scripture as a small faith community. Each participant will be expected to create at least one module for The Leadership Institute so the lessons they experienced can be shared with others.
When: Application deadline is October 1st. Final payments are due November 1st. Pre-pilgrimage gatherings will happen in October, November, and December. The pilgrimage to the Holy Land will take place January 5-13, 2018. Post-pilgrimage reflection will be ongoing for 1 year following the trip.
Who: Young adults who will be 20-25 years old at the time of trip are invited to apply. You must be able to participate in all aspects of the program including pre and post-pilgrimage sessions. Those outside the age range will also be considered based on availability and application.
Cost: The total cost of the trip is $3,000. Those who are accepted into the program are eligible for a partial scholarship as monies become available.
Our Holy Tour Includes:
• Roundtrip Air from JFK or Newark
• Deluxe Motorcoach
• English Speaking Franciscan Guide
• Breakfast & Dinner Daily
• Daily Mass, Rosary and Scripture Program
• Sightseeing as per Itinerary
For full itinerary, please click here to see our associated flyer.
Arrangements coordinated by Little Flower Tours & Travel, Ltd, Staten Island, NY.
Image: Jerusalem, Dominus flevit, view to the Mount Moriah, by Berthold Werner, public domain